Configuring Zend Debugger
Configuring the Zend Debugger tool involves:
Downloading and installing Zend Debugger
- Download the Zend Debugger package which corresponds to your operating system.
- Locate the
ZendDebugger.dll(Windows) file in the directory which corresponds to your version of PHP (e.g. 4.3.x, 4.4.x, 5.0.x, 5.1.x, 5.2.x, 5.3.x, 5.4.x).
- Copy the file to your Web server in a location that is accessible by the Web server.
Enabling Zend Debugger integration with the PHP engine
- Locate and open the active
- Locate or create the
- To load the Zend Debugger extension, add one of the following lines inside the
[Zend]section depending on your operating system:
Linux and OS X:
Windows non-thread safe:
- Linux and OS X:
To enable access to Zend Debugger from PhpStorm, add the following lines:
zend_extension=<full_path_to_zend_debugger_extension> zend_debugger.allow_hosts=127.0.0.1 zend_debugger.expose_remotely=allowed_host zend_debugger.tunnel_min_port=<any integer value above 1024> zend_debugger.tunnel_max_port=<any integer value below 65535>
The value of the
zend_debugger.allow_hostsparameter is the IPs of your machine to connect to the server debugger. It could be a comma-separated list of IPs in the format
X.X.X.X(for example, 192.168.0.6).
- Restart your Web server.
- To check that the Zend Debugger has been installed and configured correctly, create a file with the following contents:
Open the page that corresponds to the file in the browser. The output should contain a Zend Debugger section.
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Integrating Zend Debugger with IntelliJ IDEA
- Open the Project Settings and click PHP.
- On the PHP page that opens, click the Browse button next to the Interpreter drop-down list.
- In the Interpreter dialog box that opens, choose Zend Debugger from the Debugger drop-down list.
- Define the Zend Debugger behaviour. Click Debug under the PHP node.
On the Debug page that opens, specify the following settings in the Zend Debugger area:
- In the Debug Port text box, appoint the port for IntelliJ IDEA to communicate with the tool through.
Type the port number within the tunnel specified in the
zend_debugger.tunnel_max_port. For details, see http://files.zend.com/help/previous-version/Zend-Server-4-Community-Edition/zenddebugger.html
- To have IntelliJ IDEA accept any incoming connections from Zend Debugger engines through the port specified in the Debug port text box, select the Can accept external connections check box.
- To use a debugger toolbar in the browser, specify the port through which the debugger settings are passed to the browser in the Settings broadcasting port text box.
- In the Debug Port text box, appoint the port for IntelliJ IDEA to communicate with the tool through. Type the port number within the tunnel specified in the
- To have Zend Debugger stop as soon as connection between it and IntelliJ IDEA is established (instead of running automatically until the first breakpoint is reached), turn on the Run | Break at first line in PHP scripts option on the main menu.