Connecting to or Creating Jabber Account
The term 'Jabber' is widely used to refer to a set of open protocols for streaming XML elements between any two points on a network, and to the technologies built using those protocols.
To communicate via the Jabber protocol in IntelliJ IDEA, you need to create a Jabber public server, as described in http://www.jabber.org/. Once a public Jabber server is set up, the team members can register on the server and communicate via IDEtalk.
To connect to the jabber server, or create a new jabber account
- Click the icon on the toolbar of the IDEtalk tool window: The Jabber Server Connection Settings dialog box is opened.
- If you don't have a Jabber account, select Create new account and specify your nickname, password and connection settings (select the Server from the servers list, and specify the server port number). Note that Jabber communications occur over port 5222. If you are behind a firewall, you may not be able to use a Jabber client.
- If you already have a Jabber account, click Use Existing account, select the server, and type your user name and password.
- Check Do not show this dialog on startup if you want to connect automatically.
- Click OK to connect to Jabber. The icon indicating your status on the Jabber server changes to showing you are online now.