Convert Contents To Attribute
The Convert Tag Contents to Attribute refactoring allows you to replace the contents of a set of XMLs tag with equivalent attributes. If this refactoring is invoked, all tags matching the selected tag's name will have their textual contents removed, and equivalent attributes created. This bulk transformation of tag contents to attributes is useful as XML schemas evolve.
Converting tag contents to attribute
- Position the caret on the tag to replace in the editor, right-click, and select XML Refactorings | Convert Tag Contents to Attribute...
- Determine the name of the attributes to be created from the selected tag contents.
- Determine the scope of the replacement. All tags matching name of the selected will have their contents converted to attributes, if they are in the selected scope. Scopes available include the current file, the entire project, or a specified directory or module. Directory scopes can either include sub-directories, or not, based on whether the Recursively check box is selected. If the Limit to files with DTD:... check box is selected, the scope will be limited to those files with the same DOCTYPE as the current file.
- Press Preview button to make IntelliJ IDEA to search for usages of the selected tag Find window.
- Click OK to continue. If you do not select the Preview option, all usages will be changed immediately.