Creating a Module with a Dedicated Struts Facet
When you create a Struts module with the dedicated Web and Struts facets, IntelliJ IDEA configures the module, downloads and adds all the necessary libraries automatically.
To create a Struts module with the dedicated facets
Do one of the following:
If you are going to create a new project:
click Create New Project on the Welcome screen or
select File | New | Project.
As a result, the New Project wizard opens.
If you are going to add a module to an existing project:
open the project you want to add a module to, and
select File | New | Module.
As a result, the New Module wizard opens.
- If you are going to create a new project: click Create New Project on the Welcome screen or select File | New | Project.
- On the first page of the wizard, in the left-hand pane, select Java. In the right-hand part of the page, specify the JDK that you are going to use.
Under Additional Libraries and Frameworks, select the Web Application check box.
Select the version of the Servlet specification to be supported from the Versions list.
If you want the deployment descriptor
web.xmlfile to be created, select the Create web.xml check box.
- Select the Struts check box.
- Select the Struts version from the Version list.
a library that implements
You can choose to use an existing library, create and use a new one,
download the library files if they are not yet available on your computer,
or postpone setting up the library until a later time.
Select the library to be used from the list
(if the corresponding library is already defined in IntelliJ IDEA).
Create. If the corresponding library files (
.jar) are already available on your computer, you can arrange those files in a library and use that new library. To do that, click Create and select the necessary files in the dialog that opens. (Use the Ctrl key for multiple selections.)
Select this option to download
the library files that implement the selected Struts version.
(The downloaded files will be arranged in a library.)
Optionally, click Configure to edit the library settings and contents. (The Downloading Options dialog will open.)
- Set up library later. Select this option to postpone setting up the library until a later time.
Configure. Click this button to edit the settings for the library selected next to Use library or the one that is about to be downloaded.
- Use library. Select the library to be used from the list (if the corresponding library is already defined in IntelliJ IDEA).
Specify the name and location settings. For more information,
see Project Name and Location or Module Name and Location.
IntelliJ IDEA configures the new module as follows
- Creates the structure of the module with the Web and WEB-INF nodes.
Creates a Web application deployment descriptor
Web.xmlunder the WEB-INF node for versions 2.2 - 2.5.
- Creates a Struts configuration file
struts-config.xmlunder in the WEB-INF node.
- Configures an Action servlet in
- Downloads and installs the libraries that implement Struts.