Creating a Project from Scratch
If no project is currently open in IntelliJ IDEA,
click Create New Project on the Welcome screen.
Otherwise, select File | New | Project.
As a result, the New Project wizard opens.
first page of the wizard,
in the left-hand pane, select
the project category.
This may be the technology that you are going to use,
the platform or runtime that your development is going to target, etc.
The settings in the right-hand part of the page as well as the next steps depend on the selected project category. For corresponding instructions, see:
- Creating a Java Module
- Creating a Project for Plugin Development
- Creating a Maven Module
- Creating a project with a J2ME module
- Creating a Flash module
- Creating a project with an Android module from scratch
- Creating a Grails Application Module
- Creating a Gradle-Android Project
- Creating a Griffon Application Module
- Creating Module with Groovy Support
- Generating a Project from a Framework Template
Follow the steps of the wizard. When ready, specify whether you want the new project to be opened in a separate window or close the current project and reuse the existing window.