Creating Field Watchpoints
Field watchpoints help you target your debugging search to specific instance variables.
In this section:
- Creating field watchpoints using the Breakpoints dialog
- Creating field watchpoints using the editor
- Creating field watchpoints from the Debug tool window
- Deleting field watchpoints
Creating field watchpoints using the breakpoints dialog
- On the main menu, choose Run | View Breakpoints, or press Ctrl+Shift+F8.
- In the Breakpoints dialog box that opens, click.
Select Field Watchpoint from the drop-down list:
In the Add Field Watchpoint dialog box that opens, specify the following:
- Fully qualified name of a class that contains the desired field. You can type it manually, or click , and find the desired class by name, or from the project.
- Field name. You can type it manually, or click and select the desired field from the list of fields in the selected class.
Creating field watchpoints using the editor
- Open the desired class in the editor, and locate the field you want to create a watchpoint for.
- Alt+click on the left gutter at the field declaration line.
Creating field watchpoints from the debug tool window
- During the debugging session, open the Variables tab.
- Select the desired field and choose Add Field Watchpoint on the context menu.
Deleting field watchpoints
- In the Breakpoints dialog box, select the desired field watchpoint, and click.
- In the editor, locate the line with the watchpoint to be deleted, and click its icon in the left gutter.
Last modified: 5 November 2015