In this section:
- Enabling Cucumber Support in Project
- Creating .Feature Files
- Creating Step Definition
- Navigating from .Feature File to Step Definition
- Creating Examples Table in Scenario Outline
- Running Cucumber Tests
Cucumber becomes available in IntelliJ IDEA, provided that the following prerequisites are met:
- Cucumber for Java:
- Cucumber for Java bundled plugin is enabled.
cucumber-javaversion 1.xx is specified as a dependency.
- Cucumber for Groovy:
- Cucumber for Groovy bundled plugin is enabled.
cucumber-groovyversion 1.xx is specified as a dependency.
IntelliJ IDEA supports Cucumber for Java and Cucumber for Groovy.
Cucumber feature files are marked with icon.
Cucumber support includes:
- Syntax and error highlighting.
- Quick fix to create step definitions.
- Navigation between step definitions and steps.
- Possibility to describe steps in English or any other language specified in the
- Run/debug configuration.
- Possibility to run all features in a directory, a feature, or a single step within a feature.