Downloading Libraries from Maven Repositories
makes it possible to find and download libraries from the public Maven repositories, bypassing the
file. This way, you can keep abreast with ever-changing external libraries stored in public Maven
repositories, without creating a Maven project. So doing, one can use the
to uniquely identify the
To download libraries from the public Maven repositories
- Open the Project Structure dialog.
- Under Project Settings, click Libraries.
- In the central part of the Libraries page, click to add a new library.
- In the New Project Library window, select From Maven to add a new library from the Maven repository.
- In the dialog box that opens, specify the following parameters:
- The desired Maven coordinates, class name or a keyword.
- The path to the target directory.
You can also opt to download sources and documentation, by selecting the corresponding check boxes.
- Click OK. IntelliJ IDEA downloads the library and stores it in the specified location.
In the right part of the Project Settings page, you can see the details of the added library and perform the following actions:
- Edit library.
- add or detach library files.