Exporting and Importing Settings
IntelliJ IDEA enables you to preserve and share your working environment. You can archive and store your preferred IDE settings, put the settings file under version control and thus make it available to your colleagues. On the other hand, you can use the settings, defined by the other team members, or your own ones intended for a different usage. This section describes how to:
To export IDE settings to a JAR archive
- On the main menu, choose File | Export Settings .
- In the Export Settings dialog box that opens specify the settings to export by selecting the check boxes next to them. By default, all settings are selected.
- In the Export settings to text box, specify the fully qualified name of the target archive. Type the path manually or click the Browse button and specify the target file in the dialog that opens.
To import settings from a JAR archive
- On the main menu, choose File | Import Settings .
- In the Import File Location dialog box that opens select the desired archive.
- In the Select Components to Import dialog box that opens specify the settings to be imported, and click OK. By default, all settings are selected.