Internationalization and Localization Support
In this section:
I18N support with IntelliJ IDEA falls into the following major aspects:
- Internationalization, which involves extracting strings out of your source code and presenting them as properties that are further referenced in the source code.
- Localization, which means translating these properties into the target languages.
IntelliJ IDEA provides helpful features that simplify working on software internationalization and localization issues. These features are:
- Individual encoding for files and directories.
- Dedicated file type for storing properties.
- Advanced editing assistance for Properties files.
- Auto-detection of resource bundles.
- Code inspections related to internationalization issues; intention actions, and quick fixes.
- Dedicated editor for performing mass actions within resource bundles.
Last modified: 5 November 2015