IntelliJ IDEA supports the following toolkits for developing Java mobile applications:
IntelliJ IDEA integration with those toolkits is based on the J2ME plugin. This plugin is bundled with the IDE and enabled by default.
Preparing for Java mobile application development
- Download and install a JDK and one of the supported Java mobile toolkits.
- Make sure that the J2ME plugin is enabled, see Making sure that the J2ME plugin is enabled.
- Define the JDK and the mobile toolkit in IntelliJ IDEA. (In IntelliJ IDEA, the supported Java mobile toolkits are referred to as mobile SDKs). See Defining a JDK and a mobile SDK in IntelliJ IDEA.
- Create a project with a J2ME module, see Creating a project with a J2ME module.
- If necessary, configure the compilation settings specific to Java mobile applications, see Configuring Java mobile-specific compilation settings.
Making sure that the J2ME plugin is enabled
- Open the Settings dialog (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+S).
- In the left-hand part of the dialog, under IDE Settings, select Plugins.
In the right-hand part of the dialog, on the Plugins page, type
j2in the search box. As a result, only the plugins whose names and descriptions contain
j2are shown in the list of plugins.
- If the check box to the left of J2ME is not selected, select it.
- Click OK in the Settings dialog.
- If suggested, restart IntelliJ IDEA.