Main tasks related to working with application servers
Here is a list of main tasks related to working with application servers in IntelliJ IDEA.
Download and install the server that you are going to use.
Even if you are going to use a remote server (i.e. one running on a different computer),
the same server version must be installed locally.
You don't have to install the server software only if you are going to use a hosted server system such as Cloud Foundry or CloudBees. In this case, you have to sign up for the service instead (i.e. create a Cloud Foundry or CloudBees user account).
- Make sure that the necessary server integration plugin or plugins are enabled in IntelliJ IDEA. See Enabling Application Server Integration Plugins.
- Define the server in IntelliJ IDEA. See Defining Application Servers in IntelliJ IDEA.
- Create an artifact specification for your application. See Configuring Artifacts.
- Create a run/debug configuration for your server. See Creating a server run/debug configuration.
- Start the server run/debug configuration to run or debug your application. See Starting a server run/debug configuration.