Move Attribute In
The Move Attribute In refactoring allows you to move attributes defined on a set of XML tags inward to a set of subtags. If this refactoring is invoked, all attributes matching the selected attribute name on tags with the selected tag name may be moved inward toward a subtag of a given name. This bulk modification of attribute values may be useful as XML schemas evolve.
Moving attribute in
- Position the caret on the attribute to modify in the editor, right-click, and select XML Refactorings | Move Attribute In... menu item.
- Determine the subtag to move the attribute to.
- Determine the scope of the change. All attributes matching the name of the attribute selected on the tag selected will be modified, if they are in the selected scope. Scopes available include the current file, the entire project, or a specified directory or module. Directory scopes can either include sub-directories, or not, based on whether the Recursively check box is selected. If the Limit to files with DTD:... check box is selected, the scope will be limited to those files with the same DOCTYPE as the current file.
- Press Preview button to make IntelliJ IDEA to search for usages of the selected attribute Find window.
- Click OK to continue. If you do not select the Preview option, all usages will be changed immediately.