Opening, Reopening and Closing Projects
In this section:
To open an existing project
Do one of the following:
- On the Welcome screen, click Open.
- On the main menu, choose File | Open .
- In the Open Project dialog box, navigate to the desired
pom.xml, file or to the folder marked with the icon, that contains project
- Specify whether you want to open the project in a new frame, or close the current project and reuse the existing frame. Refer to the section Opening Multiple Projects for details.
To reopen a recent project
- On the main menu, choose File | Reopen Project
- Select the desired project from the list of the recent ones.
- Specify whether you want to open the project in a new frame, or reuse the current frame.
You can also:
- 11.0+ Reopen a recent project from the Welcome screen. To do that, click the project of interest in the left-hand pane where the list of your recent projects is shown.
- Terminate the project opening process, without waiting when it finishes loading, by clicking Cancel in the progress window.
13.0+Right-click the task bar icon of IntelliJ IDEA. Select the desired recent project from the jumplist:
This functionality is supported for Windows 7+, and for OS X.
To close a project
- On the main menu, choose File | Close Project .
Last modified: 4 December 2014