Opening, Reopening and Closing Projects
In this section:
To open an existing project
Do one of the following:
- On the Welcome screen, click Open.
- On the main menu, choose File | Open .
- In the Open Project dialog box, navigate to the desired
pom.xml, file or to the folder marked with the icon, that contains project
- Specify whether you want to open the project in a new frame, or close the current project and reuse the existing frame. Refer to the section Opening Multiple Projects for details.
To reopen a recent project
IntelliJ IDEA keeps the history list of the recent projects, from which you can select the desired one.
- On the main menu, choose File | Reopen Project
- Select the desired project from the list of the recent ones.
- Specify whether you want to open the project in a new frame, or reuse the current frame.
To close a project
When the only open project is closed, the Welcome screen is displayed. In case of multiple projects, each one is closed with its frame.
- On the main menu, choose File | Close Project .