Packaging JavaFX applications
You can package your JavaFX application by building the corresponding artifact. For JavaFX applications, IntelliJ IDEA provides a dedicated artifact type (JavaFx Application). One JavaFx Application artifact configuration is created by IntelliJ IDEA automatically if you create a project as described in .
Alternatively, you can generate an Ant build file, and then use that build file to package your application.
Building an artifact
To build an artifact for your JavaFX application:
- Select Build | Build Artifacts . Then, in the Build Artifacts | Action popup, select the artifact and select Build.
- Alternatively, you can turn on the Build on make option in the artifact configuration. In that case, an artifact will be built when making the project (e.g. Build | Make Project or Ctrl+F9).
By default, the artifact is generated in
Generating and using an Ant build file
- Generate an Ant build file for your project ( Build | Generate Ant Build ). For more information, see Generating Ant Build File.
- Make the necessary changes to the generated build file.
- Open the Ant Build tool window (e.g. View | Tool Windows | Ant Build ), specify the build file to be used and run the necessary target. For more information, see Executing Ant Target.
See also, Ant.