You populate your project by creating new elements of various types ( directories , packages and files). IntelliJ IDEA suggests the following alternative ways of accessing the corresponding functionality:
- File | New in the main menu.
- The New context menu command.
- The keyboard shortcut Alt+Insert.
As a result, the New menu is shown in which you select the type of an element to be created.
In this section:
- Creating Packages
- Creating Directories
- Creating Empty Files
- Creating Template-based Files
- Creating Java Classes, Interfaces, Enumerations and Annotations