Pull Members Up
The Pull Members Up refactoring allows you to move class members to a superclass or an interface, or interface to a superinterface .
Pulling members up
To pull members up
- Select the class to be moved to a superclass or interface.
- On the main menu or on the context menu of the selection, choose Refactor | Pull Members Up . The Pull Members Up dialog box appears.
- Select the destination object (interface or superclass).
- In the Members section, select the members you want to move.
- To move a method as abstract, select the check box in the column Make abstract next to the method in question.
- In the JavaDoc section, select the action to be applied on JavaDoc.
- Click Refactor to pull the selected members to their destination.
Last modified: 30 January 2015