Replace Attribute With Tag
The Replace Attribute with Tag refactoring allows you to replace attribute definitions on a set of XMLs tag with equivalent sub-tags. If this refactoring is invoked, all attributes matching the selected attribute name on tags with the selected tag name may be removed, and equivalent sub-tags created. This bulk transformation of attributes to tags is useful as XML schemas evolve.
Converting attribute to tag
- Position the caret on the attribute to replace in the editor, right-click, and select XML Refactorings | Replace Attribute with Tag... .
- Determine the name of the tags to replace the selected attributes.
- Determine the scope of the replacement. All attributes matching name of the attribute selected on the tag selected will be replaced, if they are in the selected scope. Scopes available include the current file, the entire project, or a specified directory or module. Directory scopes can either include sub-directories, or not, based on whether the Recursively check box is selected. If the Limit to files with DTD:... check box is selected, the scope will be limited to those files with the same DOCTYPE as the current file.
- Press Preview button to make IntelliJ IDEA to search for usages of the selected attribute Find window.
- Click OK to continue. If you do not select the Preview option, all usages will be changed immediately.