Replace Tag With Attribute
The Replace Tag with Attribute refactoring allows you to replace sub-tags definitions on a set of XMLs tag with equivalent attributes. If this refactoring is invoked, all tags matching the selected tag's name on tags with the selected parent tag name may be removed, and equivalent attributes created. This bulk transformation of sub-tags to attributes is useful as XML schemas evolve.
Converting tag to attribute
- Position the caret on the tag to replace in the editor, right-click, and select the XML Refactorings | Replace Tag with Attribute... .
- Determine the name of the attributes to replace the selected tags.
- Determine the scope of the replacement. All tags matching name of the tag selected on the parent tag selected will be replaced, if they are in the selected scope. Scopes available include the current file, the entire project, or a specified directory or module. Directory scopes can either include sub-directories, or not, based on whether the Recursively check box is selected. If the Limit to files with DTD:... check box is selected, the scope will be limited to those files with the same DOCTYPE as the current file.
- Press Preview button to make IntelliJ IDEA to search for usages of the selected tag Find window.
- Click OK to continue. If you do not select the Preview option, all usages will be changed immediately.