Reporting Issues and Sharing Your Feedback
IntelliJ IDEA provides various means to report problems and seek for assistance. In this section:
Locating IntelliJ IDEA log
- On the main menu, choose Help | Show Log in Explorer (Windows and Linux), or Help | Show Log in Finder (OS X). The Explorer/Finder opens, with the log file selected.
Configuring IntelliJ IDEA log settings
- On the main menu, choose Help | Configure Debug Log Settings .
- In the dialog box that opens, type the log categories names, separated with new lines.
Help | Submit Feedback , which redirects you to the online feedback form.
This form enables you to create a IntelliJ IDEA-specific YouTrack issue.
- Use the Feedback page.
- Click the Comments link on each page of online version of the IntelliJ IDEA documentation. In the Comments area, vote for the page, and leave your comments.
- Apply to the JetBrains Support
Write to the support service. Use the following addresses:
If necessary, attach the source code and the IntelliJ IDEA log.
- Ask the IntelliJ IDEA Community .
- Click the Comments link available on each page of online version of the IntelliJ IDEA documentation. In the Comments area, leave your comments or ask questions.