Saving Projects as Templates
You can save any project as a template. If you do so, you'll be able to create template-based projects and modules, that is, the projects and modules that are nearly identical to the template project.
Unnecessary templates can be deleted.
To create a project template
- Open the desired project in IntelliJ IDEA.
- In the main menu, select Tools | Save Project as Template .
- In the Save Project As Template dialog that opens, specify:
- Whether the entire project or only one of its modules should be used as a basis for the new template. (This option is available only for projects that contain more than one module.)
- The template name and description.
To delete a project template
- In the main menu, select Tools | Manage Project Templates .
- In the Manage Project Templates dialog that opens, select the template or templates you want to delete.
- Click or press Alt+Delete.