Using Subversion Integration
With the Subversion integration enabled, you can perform basic Subversion operations from inside IntelliJ IDEA.
In this section:
- Using Subversion Integration
- Authenticating to Subversion
- Browsing Subversion Repository
- Checking Out Files from Subversion Repository
- Checking SVN Project Status
- Cleaning up Local Working Copy
- Comparing with Branch
- Configuring Format of the Local Working Copy
- Configuring HTTP Proxy
- Configuring Subversion Repository Location
- Configuring Subversion Branches
- Creating Branches and Tags
- Exporting Information from Subversion Repository
- Importing a Local Directory to Subversion Repository
- Integrating Changes to Branch
- Integrating SVN Projects or Directories
- Integrating Changes to/from Feature Branches
- Locking and Unlocking Files and Folders
- Resolving Text Conflicts
- Sharing Directory
- Viewing and Fast Processing of Changelists
- Viewing Merge Sources
- Working with Subversion Properties for Files and Directories
- Diagnosing Problems with Subversion Integration
- IntelliJ IDEA comes bundled with Subversion plugin. This plugin is turned on by default. If it is not, make sure that the plugin is enabled.
- IntelliJ IDEA's Subversion integration does not require a standalone Subversion client. All you need is an account in your Subversion repository.
- Subversion integration is enabled for the current project root or directory.
- When the Subversion integration with IntelliJ IDEA is enabled, the Subversion item appears on the VCS menu, and on the context menus of the Editor and Project views.
- The files in the folders under the Subversion control are highlighted according to their status. See File Status Highlights for file status highlighting conventions.
- Results of modifications show in the Changes tool window.
- When using the Subversion integration, it is helpful to open the Version Control tool window.
Its Console tab displays the following data:
- All the commands generated based on the settings you specify through the IntelliJ IDEA user interface.
- Information messages concerning the results of executing generated Subversion commands.
- Error messages.
Last modified: 12 November 2014