Viewing Structure and Hierarchy of the Source Code
IntelliJ IDEA enables you to examine the hierarchy of classes, methods, and calls in the Hierarchy tool window, and explore the structure of source files in the Structure tool window.
- Both the Hierarchy and the Structure tool windows are available from the View menu.
- the Hierarchy tool window only becomes available, when a hierarchy is built.
- Hierarchies are built in the Navigate menu.
In this part:
- Building Call Hierarchy
- Building Class Hierarchy
- Building Method Hierarchy
- Retaining Hierarchy Tabs
- Viewing Hierarchies
- Viewing Structure of a Source File
Last modified: 3 February 2015