Working with Grails Plugins
You can extend the functionality of your Grails application with the Grails plugins downloaded from the
Grails repository. Once downloaded, the plugins reside under the
directory of your Grails application. Each plugin has the same directory structure as the entire Grails
application. The source directories of the installed plugins are included in the source routes and are
marked in the module tree view with the icon.
For the sake of better communication with the Grails repository, IntelliJ IDEA provides the plugin manager that enables viewing, installing and uninstalling plugins.
To install or uninstall the Grails plugins for Grails version 2.3.0 and later
- In your project, open
grails.project.dependency.resolution.pluginssection of the code, enter
compile ":pluginName:pluginVersion"of the plugin you want to install.
If you need to remove the plugin, simply delete the specified line.
To open the Grails plugin manager, do one of the following
- On the main menu choose Tools | Grails | Plugins .
- On the context menu of the Project view, choose Grails | Plugins .
To view the available plugins
- Open the Grails plugin manager, click the refresh button if necessary, and view the list of plugins in the Grails plugins dialog box:
To install or uninstall grails plugins
- Open the Grails plugin manager. In the Enable column, select the check boxes of the plugins to be installed, and clear the check boxes of the plugins to be uninstalled. Then click Apply Changes.
- In the Install/Uninstall Grails plugins dialog box, review the list of plugins. If necessary, select the plugin version. Click OK.