Wrap Tag Contents
The Wrap Tag Contents refactoring allows you to wrap the contents of a set of XML tags in newly created tag. If this refactoring is invoked, all tags matching the selected tag name will have their contents wrapped. This bulk wrapping of tag contents may be useful as XML schemas evolve.
Wrapping tag contents
- Position the caret on the tag to wrap in the editor, right-click, and select the XML Refactorings | Wrap Tag Contents... .
- Determine the name of the new tags which will wrap the contents of the selected tags.
- Determine the scope of the wrapping. All tags matching name of the tag selected will be wrapped, if they are in the selected scope. Scopes available include the current file, the entire project, or a specified directory or module. Directory scopes can either include sub-directories, or not, based on whether the Recursively check box is selected. If the Limit to files with DTD:... check box is selected, the scope will be limited to those files with the same DOCTYPE as the current file.
- Press Preview button to make IntelliJ IDEA to search for usages of the selected tag Find window.
- Click OK to continue. If you do not select the Preview option, all usages will be changed immediately.