You can add the existing node elements to the background of the UML Class diagram, using the context menu action, or drag-and-drop technique.
If there are relationships between the node elements in model, and the added element, these relationships will be displayed in diagram.
In this section:
- Do one of the following:
- Right-click the diagram background, on the context menu, point to , and next choose the type of element to be added.
- Press Space.
- In the Enter class name to add dialog box, start typing the desired
IntelliJ IDEA automatically displays suggestion list with matching names.
Note that you can include classes outside the scope of your project, by selecting the Include non-project classes check box.
- Select the desired class from the suggestion list, and press EnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnter.
- Select one or more desired elements in the Project tool window.
- Drag selection to the diagram background.
- Right-click a node element, which you would like to comment.
- On the context menu, choose .
- In the text box, type the desired text. Note that EnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnter starts a new line in the text box. To complete a note, click OK, or press Ctrl+EnterCtrl+EnterCtrl+EnterCtrl+EnterCtrl+OCtrl+Shift+OCtrl+EnterCtrl+EnterCtrl+EnterCommand EnterCommand EnterCommand Enter.