Generally, the compilation process for Java mobile applications includes the following stages:
- Compilation. During this stage a "standard" Java compiler such as javac is used. The related settings are specified as described in Configuring Compiler Settings.
- Preverification. Used at this stage is a preverify utility with an emulator included in the corresponding Java mobile SDK (WTK or DoJa). The related settings are specified as described later on this page.
- Open the Project Structure dialog (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+Alt+SCtrl+Shift+Alt+SCtrl+Shift+Alt+SCtrl+Shift+Alt+SCtrl+Shift+Alt+SCtrl+Shift+Alt+SCtrl+Shift+Alt+SCtrl+Shift+Alt+SCtrl+Shift+Alt+SCommand SemicolonCommand SemicolonCommand Semicolon).
- Select SDKs and then select your mobile SDK.
- If you are using WTK, you can specify whether you want to use the default profile (MIDP) and configuration (CLDC) versions for a given emulator, or the custom profile and/or configuration versions. In the second case, list the profile and/or configuration versions in the corresponding fields.
- For both WTK and DoJa, you can also specify the parameters for the preverify utility. For more information, see SDKs. Mobile.