Maven module enables managing Maven projects, executing Maven goals, downloading artifacts, etc.
When a Maven project is created, its contents is shown in the Maven Projects tool window, and the powerful editing assistance is available for the pom.xml files.
- Open the project you want to add a module to, and select File | New Module.
- On the first page of the wizard, in the left-hand pane, select Maven.
- In the right-hand part of the page, specify the module name, and the location of the content root folder and the module .iml file. Click Next.
- On the Maven page of the wizard, specify the aggregator and parent Maven projects, if any, and Maven project coordinates. Note that if a parent Maven project is specified, the new Maven project can inherit its GroupId and ArtifactId.
- If you want to create a Maven project based on one of the Maven Archetypes, select the Create from archetype check box, and select the desired archetype from the list.
- Click Finish.