If no project is currently open in IntelliJ IDEA,
click Create New Project on the Welcome screen.
Otherwise, select New Project from the File menu.
As a result, the New Project wizard opens.
- On the first page of the wizard, in the left-hand pane, select IntelliJ IDEA Plugin.
- In the right-hand part of the page, specify the project name and location.
Select the desired IntelliJ IDEA Plugin SDK from the Project SDK list.
If the list is empty or doesn't contain the SDK that you need, click New and select the installation folder of the required version of IntelliJ IDEA in the dialog that opens. Then, in the Select internal Java platform dialog, select the desired JSDK from the list and click OK. (The JDK version 1.6 is recommended.)
- Specify other settings as necessary and click Finish.
When the project is created, populate it with new actions, components, etc. To create the necessary items, use the New menu. To access this menu, select the required location, package, etc. in the Project tool window and then do one of the following:
- Select in the main menu.
- Select New from the context menu.
- Press Alt+InsertCommand N; Command Enter.