If no project is currently open in IntelliJ IDEA,
click Create New Project on the Welcome screen.
Otherwise, select New Project from the File menu.
As a result, the New Project wizard opens.
- On the first page of the wizard, in the left-hand pane, select the necessary option. (In almost all of the cases, IntelliJ IDEA will create a project that contains a module. The available options, roughly, correspond to module types.)
In the right-hand part of the page, specify
the project name and location.
The rest of the settings as well as the next steps depend on the option currently selected (e.g. the module type you are creating). For more information, see the topics listed in the See Also section.
- Creating a Java Module
- Creating a Project for Plugin Development
- Creating a Maven Module
- Creating a project with a J2ME module
- Creating a Flash module
- Creating an Android module
- Creating a Grails Application Module
- Creating a Griffon Application Module
- Creating a Module with Groovy Support