- Open the Web tool window by choosing . The tool window displays all the modules with Web facets.
- Right-click the desired Web module node and choose on the context menu.
- In the New Servlet/Filter/Listener dialog box that opens, type the name of the element.
- Specify the package where the element will be created.
- Specify the class that implements the element.
- Click OK. A new class is created and opened in the General tab.
- Proceed as described in the relevant element-specific topic.
- In the Web tool window, select the element to be removed.
- On the context menu, choose Yes in the confirmation dialog box. and click
- In the Select Elements to Delete dialog box, do one of the following:
- To remove the class that implements the element, select the check box next to the name of the class.
- To remove the selected element from the Web application and leave the class that implements the element,
select the check box next to the name of the element.
Attempting to remove a class without removing the element that the class implements causes an error.
- View the entries of servlets implemented by the selected class in the Safe Delete Preview tool window.