IntelliJ IDEA lets you create aspects in two forms: as .aj files and .java files containing classes annotated with @Aspect.
In the Project tool window, do one of the following:
- Select the source directory or package in which you want to create a new aspect, and choose File | New.
- Select the source directory or package, and press Alt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+Insert or Ctrl+NAlt+InsertCommand N or Control EnterControl N or Control EnterCommand N or Control Enter.
- Right-click the source directory or package to open the context menu, and select New.
- Select Aspect.
In the dialog that opens:
- Specify the name of the aspect in the Name field.
Select one of the following options from the Kind list:
- Aspect to create a .aj file with the specified name.
- @Aspect to create a .java file containing a class annotated with @Aspect.
- Click OK.