- Start typing a name in the editor. If the name references a class that has not been imported,
the following prompt appears:
- Press Alt+EnterAlt+Enter. If there are multiple choices, select the desired
import from the list.
If the option Add unambiguous imports on the fly is checked, IntelliJ IDEA does not inform you about the needed import, if there is only one choice, and adds the only possible import automatically.
- Open the desired file for editing, and start typing a tag. If a namespace is not bound, the following prompt appears:
Press Alt+EnterAlt+Enter. If there are multiple choices, select
the desired namespace from the list.
Depending on the file type, IntelliJ IDEA creates a namespace declaration, or a taglib:
To enable on-the-fly namespace import, open the IntelliJ IDEA settings, and then click Auto Import under the
Editor node. In the Editor: Auto Import page that opens, configure automatic namespace import in the PHP section.
- To have IntelliJ IDEA automatically import PHP namespaces, add use statements, and complete short class names on the fly when you are typing in a class or file that belongs to a certain namespace, select the Enable auto-import in namespace scope check box. This check box is selected by default.
- To have automatic namespace import applied when you are typing in a file that does not belong to any specific namespace, select the Enable auto-import in file scope check box.
- Open the desired file for editing and start typing the short name of a class.
From the suggested variants for completion, select the relevant class name:
IntelliJ IDEA completes the short class name and inserts a use statement with the namespace where the selected class is defined:
Open the desired file for editing and reference a PHP class. If the referenced class is not bound, the following prompt appears:
Press Alt+EnterAlt+Enter. IntelliJ IDEA suggests to import the namespace where it has detected the declaration of the class:
Press Enter. IntelliJ IDEA inserts a namespace declaration statement (use statement):