- Place the caret inside a method, where you want to toggle a method breakpoint.
- On the main menu, choose
A balloon appears, informing about the possible slow down of the debugging process:. Method breakpoint appears at the method declaration.
Alternatively, just click the left gutter at the method declaration.
- On the main menu, choose Ctrl+Shift+F8Ctrl+Shift+F8. , or press
- In the Breakpoints dialog box that opens, click .
- Select Method Breakpoint from the drop-down list.
- In the Add Method Breakpoint dialog box, specify the class name pattern, including the package name, and the name of the desired method.
So doing, when the debugging session starts, the application will pause in all classes with the names matching the specified pattern, at the specified method.