Navigation diagrams provide additional support for managing the rules of navigation between the pages of your application. In certain cases, they are a useful alternative to editing the code in faces-config.xml.
With faces-config.xml open in the editor, use the Navigation tab to view and draw the diagram. Your drawing is automatically synchronized with the code of faces-config.xml (and vice versa).
For detailed information about the available controls and context menu commands, see "Diagram Toolbar and Context Menu".
- Open faces-config.xml in the editor.
- Click the Navigation tab.
- Drag the required pages (one by one) from the Project tool window onto the Navigation tab.
- Use the mouse to draw the navigation line between the pages. As a result, the corresponding navigation rule is created. (You can see this rules on the Structure tab under Navigation Rules and also on the Text tab in the code of faces-config.xml.)
- On the Structure tab, expand the Navigation Rules node, select the rule, and
specify the navigation case for it.
For more information, see "Faces Config Structure - Navigation Rule".
You can achieve the same result by editing the code of faces-config.xml on the Text tab.