You can define Seam components in two ways:
- By adding annotations to a class.
- By declaring a component in the components.xml file.
A component can be declared both with an annotation, and with an entry in the components.xml file. The components.xml file is used to specify additional properties of a component.
- Open the desired class for editing.
- Add the @Name Seam annotation:
If the corresponding import statements are missing, use the import assistant prompt.
- In the Project tool window, right-click the directory where you want to create the components.xml file, for example, WEB-INF directory, and choose on the context menu.
- Populate the file as required. Note that Seam-aware coding assistance is available.