Position the caret on the attribute to
delete in the editor, right-click, and select the
- Determine the scope of the deletion. All attributes matching name of the attribute selected on the tag selected will be deleted, if they are in the selected scope. Scopes available include the current file, the entire project, or a specified directory or module. Directory scopes can either include sub-directories, or not, based on whether the Recursively check box is selected. If the Limit to files with DTD:... check box is selected, the scope will be limited to those files with the same DOCTYPE as the current file.
- Press Preview button to make IntelliJ IDEA to search for usages of the selected attribute Find window.
- Click OK to continue. If you do not select the Preview option, all usages will be changed immediately.
- Pressing Preview opens the Refactoring preview window displaying all found usages of the attributes to be removed. In this window you can exclude/include usages you want to refactor.
- Pressing Show XSLT... opens the XSLT preview window displaying an small fragment of XSLT equivalent to the refactoring requested. This fragment can be used by XSLT processors to perform the requested refactoring on files external to your IntelliJ IDEA project.
- The Refactoring preview window may appear anyway, if the files to be affected are read-only.