IntelliJ IDEA suggests two ways of deleting elements from diagram:
- Remove node elements from view, while leaving the underlying source code intact. This option can be helpful, if you want to explore a certain group of nodes, and remove the unnecessary ones from view.
- Delete node elements from project.
- In the diagram, select one or more elements to be deleted.
- Press DeleteDeleteDeleteDeleteDelete or Ctrl+DDeleteDeleteDeleteDeleteDelete, Backspace or Command BackspaceDelete, Backspace or Command BackspaceDelete, Backspace or Command Backspace.
- In the diagram, select the element to be deleted.
- Use the Safe Delete refactoring (Alt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteCommand DeleteCommand DeleteCommand Delete) to delete selected classes from project.