Besides most common WS engines, support of which is enabled through dedicated facets, with IntelliJ IDEA you can also use the following ones:
Moreover, you can use any desired WS engine implementation version instead of restricting yourself to the predefined one.
- Download the desired WS engine implementation.
- Specify the WS engine location on the Web Services page of the Settings dialog box.
- On the main menu, choose .
- In the Enable Web Services Support dialog
box that opens specify the following:
- From the Type drop-down list, select Client.
- In the Choose Module drop-down list, specify the module to enable Web service client support in.
- From the Web Service Platform drop-down list, select the desired implementation.
- To have a sample class generated, select the Add sample code check box.