All the available server integration plugins are enabled by default. However, before you start working with an application server in IntelliJ IDEA, it's always worth making sure that the necessary plugin or plugins are enabled.
The server integration plugin names, normally, include the name of the server and the word Integration or Support, for example, Cloud Foundry Integration, dmServer Support, Tomcat and TomEE Integration, etc.
- Open the Settings dialog (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+SCtrl+Alt+SCtrl+Alt+SCtrl+Alt+SCtrl+Alt+SCtrl+Alt+SAlt+F7Ctrl+Alt+SCtrl+Alt+SCommand CommaCommand CommaCommand Comma).
- In the left-hand pane, under IDE Settings, click Plugins.
On the Plugins page that opens in the right-hand part of the
find the necessary server integration plugin.
To quickly find the plugin of interest, use the search box in the upper-right part of the page. Type the server name of interest (e.g. tomcat). As a result, only the plugins whose names and descriptions contain the typed text will be shown.
- Make sure that the check box to the left of the plugin name is selected.
- Click OK in the Settings dialog.
- If suggested, restart IntelliJ IDEA.