- In the users list of the IDEtalk tool window, select the desired user name.
- Double-click the user name, or choose on the context menu. The IDEtalk Messages tool window opens. If you communicate with several users, a dedicated tab opens showing your communication with each of them.
- Type the message in the lower part of the tab, and click Send or press Ctrl+EnterCtrl+EnterCtrl+EnterCtrl+EnterCtrl+EnterCtrl+EnterCtrl+EnterCtrl+EnterCtrl+EnterCommand EnterCommand EnterCommand Enter. The message appears in the upper part of the tab. As you go on sending messages, they appear in the upper part of the tab.
- You can select a fragment of text in the editor, drag the selection to the lower section of the message tab in the IDEtalk Messages window, or directly to the user name in the IDEtalk tool window.
- If you close IntelliJ IDEA while the Messages tool window is open, and then open it again, the IDEtalk Messages window disappears, showing that you do not have any messages at the moment.
- You can reconfigure the IDEtalk plugin to send messages when you press EnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnter. Click the Settings button , on the main toolbar, choose on the submenu, and in the IDEtalk Options dialog check the option Use Enter key to send messages.