IntelliJ IDEA lets you walk through your projects and files in a wide variety of ways. Dedicated views and tool windows let you examine your code at any level - from details to the top-level structure.
This sample displays some of the navigation elements:
- Project view
- Project view shows the top-level project structure.
- Structure showing the drill down of document elements or class members.
- Auxiliary tool windows
- For example, Ant Build tool window lets you navigate through the current Ant tasks.
- Gutter icons
- Active Gutter Icons you can use to jump between an element's source and usage.
- Navigation bar
- Navigation bar lets you quickly navigate through the project file structure.
Refer to the section Navigating Through the Source Code for more information.