IntelliJ IDEA provides a front-end to the standard JavaDoc utility for generating JavaDoc reference for your project. This feature is available from the editor and from the project tool window.
- On the main menu, choose . Generate JavaDoc dialog is opened.
- In the Generate JavaDoc dialog, specify the following options:
- Select scope (whole project or a certain project with subpackages).
- Specify the output directory, where the generated documentation will be placed.
- Use the slider to define the level of visibility of members to be included in the generated documentation.
- Specify the other JavaDoc options. Refer to the topic Generate JavaDoc Dialog for description of controls.
- Click Start.