Prior to start working, consider the following prerequisites:
- Google App Engine SDK is downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Google App Engine SDK supports Java 5 and later.
Google App Engine support in IntelliJ IDEA
Google App Engine support in IntelliJ IDEA includes:
- Dedicated facet. Being enabled, this facet provides specific directory structure, and configuration file.
- ability to upload applications, using the command of the menu.
- Run/debug configuration for App Engine server.
Creating and launching applications under Google App Engine
- In your browser, sign in to your Google account, and in https://appengine.google.com/, get an application id.
- In IntelliJ IDEA, create a Google App Engine application with the id you've obtained.
- Develop the desired contents.
- Upload your application.
- Visit http://<your-application-name>.appspot.com/ to view your application in action.