Before you start working with Gradle files, make sure that:
Gradle files are marked with icon.
Gradle support includes:
- Possibility to deduce Gradle home from the environment variables, or configure Gradle home in IntelliJ IDEA.
- Possibility to edit .gradle files. So doing, the initial coding assistance, provided by IntelliJ IDEA, is the same as for Groovy.
- Possibility to import projects from the existing Gradle models. So doing, IntelliJ IDEA downloads all the necessary dependencies.
- Dedicated JetGradle tool window.
- Possibility to synchronize structures of Gradle and IntelliJ IDEA projects.
- Filtering and resolving dependencies.
- Running Gradle scripts with the Groovy run/debug configuration.