IntelliJ IDEA smartly detects components that are candidates for grouping together (for example, radio buttons). The first time you create a group, a button Groups node is added to the Component Treeview. A child node is added for each button group you add to the form.
Grouped buttons are visually indicated on the design form, when one of the buttons is selected in the Form Workspace or in the Components tree view, or when the whole button group is selected in the Button Groups node of the Components treeview:
- In the Form Workspace, select the components to be joined into a group.
- On the context menu of the selection, choose Group buttons.
- In the Group Buttons dialog box, specify the name of the new button group, and click OK.
For the radio buttons, IntelliJ IDEA suggests a quick fix, which creates a group of adjacent buttons:
Do one of the following:
- On the design form, select any component in a group, right click, and choose Ungroup Buttons.
- In the Component Treeview, right-click the relevant button group under Button Groups node, and choose Ungroup.