- Open the Changes tool window and switch to the Subversion Working Copies Information tab.
Click the Merge from link, and choose the changes' source on the context menu. The available options are:
- trunk - choose this option to merge the changes from the trunk to the current branch.
- branches - choose this option to have changes from a specific branch applied to the current branch. Select the source branch in the Branches pop-up list.
- tags - choose this option to have changes from a specific branch applied to the current branch. Select the source branch in the Tags pop-up list.
To compose a list of branches to work with, choose the Configure branches option and update the list of branches in the Configure Subversion Branches dialog box that opens.
In the Merge from <branch_name> dialog box that opens, specify the scope of changes to apply.
- To have all changes applied, click the Merge all button.
To have a subset of changes applied, click the Select revisions to merge button.
In the list of revisions that is displayed, appoint the revisions to apply changes from by selecting check boxes next to the desired revisions.
To have the selected changes applied, click the Merge selected button.
To have all changes applied regardless of the selection, click the Merge all button.
In the Files merged with conflicts, view the list of files where problems occurred during the merge procedure
and resolve the problems using the following buttons:
- Accept Yours - click this button to have IntelliJ IDEA force your changes.
- Accept Theirs - click this button to have IntelliJ IDEA overwrite your changes.
- Merge - click this button to open the merge tool and resolve the conflicts there.