IntelliJ IDEA's support for JavaServer Faces (JSF) includes:
- JSF-aware coding assistance with code completion.
- JSF code formatting and folding as well as syntax and error highlighting.
- Graphical editor for defining page navigation rules.
9.0+JSF 2.0 support, in particular:
- Annotated Managed Beans support with code completion, rename refactoring, usage search, go to declaration, and more. Possibility to reference managed beans directly from Java code.
- Improved template support (completion, validation and navigation for the name attribute of the ui:define tag).
- Support for ActionSources and ValueHolders.
- Support for the targets attribute of composite components.
- Extended support for EL in composite components implementation, and more.
- Dedicated JSF tool window that aggregates all JSF-related configurations in a single place, and lets you easily analyze and navigate to both annotated and xml elements.
- @ResourceDependencies and @ResourceDependency annotations support.
- Simplified navigation rules support including completion for neighbor pages and absolute paths, usage search, and rename refactoring.
- Resource Handlers support: code completion, syntax and error highlighting, usage search and refactorings.
- Composite components support: code completion, refactorings, usage search and more.
- 10.0+Code completion, error highlighting, and basic refactorings for the most popular JSF component libraries, including: