Tiles is a templating system to create a common look and feel for a Web application.
Tiles are managed through creating, editing, and removing tile definitions, which describe tile attributes and tile elements. Tile definitions are specified in the tiles-defs.xml which is created when you enable tiles support.
Tiles are removed in the same way as other Struts elements.
- Enable tiles support.
- Open tiles-defs.xml.
- To add a tile definition, add the <definition> element to tiles-defs.xml manually.
- Switch to the Struts Assistant tool window, tab Tiles. A new Definition node appears in the Structure Tree.
- Specify the attributes of the new tile in the Properties Table.
Alternatively, right-click the tile in the tree and select F4F4F4F4F4F4F4F4F12 or Ctrl+Shift+ECommand Down or F4F4F3.or press
This will bring you to tiles-defs.xml where you can specify the tile's attributes manually. IntelliJ IDEA displays a template for specifying the mandatory attributes.
- Select it in the Structure Tree.
- To edit the attributes of the tile, make the necessary changes in the Properties Table.
- To manage the elements of a tile, use the Structure Tree and the Properties Table.
The elements are created, edited, and removed in the same way as common Struts elements.