File | Settings | IDE Settings | Path Variables
On this page:
- Path Variables page. Use this page to configure path variables and the list of ignored variables.
- Add / Edit Variable dialog. Use this dialog to specify the name and value for a new or existing path variable.
Path Variables page
|Reset||Use this link to revert path variables and the list of ignored variables to their initial saved states.|
|Name||This field shows the name of a path variable (readonly).|
|Value||This field shows the value of a path variable (readonly).|
|(Alt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+Insert or Ctrl+NAlt+InsertCommand N or Control EnterControl N or Control EnterCommand N or Control Enter)||Use this icon or shortcut to create a new path variable. (The Add Variable dialog will open.)|
|(EnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnter)||Use this icon or shortcut to edit the selected path variable. (The Edit Variable dialog will open.)|
|(Alt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteAlt+DeleteCommand DeleteCommand DeleteCommand Delete)||Use this icon or shortcut to delete the selected path variable.|
|Ignored Variables||List the names of the variables that should be ignored. Use semicolons (;) to separate individual list items.|
Add / Edit Variable dialog
|Name||Specify the path variable name.|
|Value||Specify the path variable value. Use (Shift+EnterShift+EnterShift+EnterShift+EnterShift+EnterShift+EnterShift+EnterShift+EnterShift+EnterShift EnterShift EnterShift Enter) to select the necessary file or folder in the Select Path dialog.|
Consider storing a library on your disk. This library is attached to your project, and the path to this library is included in the *.iml file of your project. However, this path should not be absolute, since the other teammates may store same library in the different locations.
That's why it makes sense to create a dedicated path variable PATH_TO_LIB:
- On the Settings dialog, click Path Variables.
- Click .
- In the Add Variable dialog box, type the variable name PATH_TO_LIB, and its value that points to the library location on your disk.
- Share the *.iml file on the version control.
- The other developers should update their projects, and change the value of PATH_TO_LIB variable to point to the locations of their libraries.